fredag 30 oktober 2015

Masked creatures

Environments have always been something I've found quite difficult to draw. I think it's hard to capture the depth of nature, the light setting and slight movements in all of it. This makes it an interesting challenge to me. 

In my piece "Masked creatures" I tried to picture a calm glade at the foot of a mountain, in which the curious creatures live.

Picture above: Process, building the layers of rocks and moss
Picture below: The finished drawing.


The creatures themselves are something I used to imagine a lot of as a kid. They're small mammals that move similarly to how mice do, and lives in holes in trees and under rocks and roots. I never gave them a name, but whenever I saw small holes in the ground I used to think "Oh there lives one of those creatures".

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar